MyChart Terms and Conditions
MyChart is an easy way to access some, but not all, of your medical record online. With MyChart, you can see parts of your medical record, ask for prescription renewals, schedule appointments, and send online messages to your doctor and staff.
Protecting the confidentiality of your medical information is important to us. We use industry standard security measures to protect your information. We keep a record of the records released. Each time you use MyChart, we track the date and time. For purposes other than general information viewing, MyChart must be accessed with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) compatible browser or terminal (Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.). Usernames and passwords are stored in an encrypted database that is segmented from the Internet.
MyChart is offered only as a convenience. You do not have to use it if you do not want to. If you decide to use MyChart, whether as a patient or as a proxy for your child or another person, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below. Read them very carefully before using MyChart. We can change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice to you.
MyChart Terms and Conditions
In exchange for being able to use MyChart, I understand and agree that:
- I will not use MyChart for emergencies. If I have an emergency or anything else that must be handled quickly, I will call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- Novant Health tries hard to answer messages in a timely manner. I will allow at least two (2) business days for a response.
- I will help keep the medical information in MyChart confidential.
» I will change my password regularly.
» I will not give my user ID or password to anyone else. If I think someone else has my password, I will change it immediately.
» I will carefully choose the email address I want to use for MyChart. Anyone with access to this email account will be able to see the notifications.
» I consent to Novant Health, or its vendor, sending e-mail communications to the e-mail address provided for MyChart for both notifications concerning MyChart services and for other medical, business and promotional purposes. I understand that Novant Health cannot ensure the security of e-mail. I understand e-mail should not be used for emergencies or other issues that must be handled quickly, or for communication of sensitive information. I also understand that I may opt out of receiving additional e-mail communications for other medical, business or promotional purposes by following directions for opting out of receiving e-mails.
» Every time I use MyChart, I will check to make sure I am truly connected to Novant Health. I will do this by checking the digital certificate. This certificate verifies the connection between the Novant Health server's public key and the server's identification.
» Novant Health will never ask me for my password in any communication, including email. If I am asked for my user ID or password, I will report it immediately to the toll-free MyChart Customer Service Line at 855-803-3742, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (EST).
- I will not use MyChart to send messages about medical issues I think are sensitive. Staff who are not doctors or nurses will help answer messages. If I am not comfortable with other people seeing my message, I won’t send it. I will make an appointment so I can talk directly with my doctor instead.
- I will not be able to access the entire medical record through MyChart – I will only have access to some parts of it. If I need a copy of the medical record, I will call my doctor’s office and ask for one.
- Not all test results will be available through MyChart. If a test has been done and I do not see the result in MyChart, I will contact my doctor’s office.
- MyChart is offered only as a convenience. Novant Health can terminate my permission to use MyChart at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
- If I do not want to use MyChart, I will ask my doctor’s office to deactivate my account. If I do not want my proxy to use MyChart to see my medical information anymore, I will ask my doctor’s office to deactivate the account. I understand that it may take several days to process my request. During this time, my proxy will still be able to access my medical information.
- If I have access to the MyChart account of my child or another person, I understand that my access can be revoked at any time by Novant Health. My access will also be revoked when my child turns 16, my child is emancipated, parent/child access disputes cannot be resolved, or if my child asks for it to be revoked.
- MyChart may offer links to related medical websites that are not managed by Novant Health. These website link(s) are for informational purposes only. I will not rely on any of the information I find on these websites for any reason. If I am concerned or have questions about my health or any symptoms I have, or that of my child or another person, I will make an appointment with my doctor. Novant Health does not endorse, and has not verified, the accuracy of any of the information on these websites. I use them at my own risk. It is my responsibility to follow the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of other websites.
- Information may be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of Novant Health and its contractors. I EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE.
- The website and all other sites hosted by Novant Health and their content are provided by Novant Health on an "as is" basis. Novant Health makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the operation of its sites, or the content, products and/or services included therein. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Novant Health disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and/or infringement.
I have read the MyChart Terms and Conditions. I understand them. I agree to them. I consent to the Terms and Conditions voluntarily.